Sunday, January 2, 2011

A Happy New Year

December was definitely an interesting month. Right after Thanksgiving, I thought it would be awesome to get a seasonal job for the holidays; it was my first official job. I was doing warehouse work, boxing and packaging. My hours were 6am-4:30pm everyday for seven days a week. I was excited about it at first but as time went on I was getting exhausted and worn out. I was recently let go because the holiday season is over so now I'm back to full time gaming!

My current team is Cpt. Anarchy, Defy and Aries. I feel extremely comfortable with this team and I thought it would be appropriate to bring back Legendz. We currently hold the 22nd spot on the Game Battles Fall 2010 season for the Dr. Pepper tournament. I have been gaming a lot since I stopped working and as a team we've been trying to get together as much as we can so no one falls behind. I'm excited for the 2011 season, new game, new season, and new teams. I love Reach, I think it's an amazing game and plays very well although I would like to see more competitive maps. Sanctuary Territories is my favorite game type. I know there are a lot of people out there who don't like the new addition of territories but I love it. Once you know what to do, your team will follow. 



Christmas passed not too long ago, I hope everyone was able to spend it with loved ones. I had an amazing Christmas this year. With Ellen and I living together now, we spent our first Christmas together in Kentucky. We were debating whether or not to go back to Minnesota to be with her family for Christmas, but ultimately we decided to stay. On Christmas eve, my whole family get together to have dinner and be together. Ellen had to work so she wasn't able to come till later that night. My family and I drove out to my grandparent's house for the family party. It was great seeing everyone again and meeting the newest member, Kristen who's only five months old. We had dinner and played games. I brought over Balderdash, a board game of bluffing and trivia. It's so much fun; I always have a good time playing it. For those who haven't heard of Balderdash, its pretty much about making something up and trying to get people to guess your answer. The more people you get to guess your answer, the more points you get and move closer to winning. My cousins and I weren't able to finish the game because it was getting late so we all agreed to end the game with a dice roll, whoever rolled the highest won and of course Ellen, who came late into the game ends up winning by rolling a six. 

New Years was this last weekend, I hope everyone had a fun and safe new year. I called a few of my friends to come over and hang out for a bit. We were waiting for Ellen to get home from work so we could head out for the night. The first place we went to was a friend from high school, he was living with friends and shared a house. It was awesome seeing old friends and seeing what they were all up too now a days. We spent some time there before heading out to downtown Cincinnati. It was extremely crowded everywhere we went but overall it was a good time. 



I have some game play here for you guys. I hope you enjoyed my blog! Be sure to check back for my next blog coming out in January! I'll have more game play and updates.








Sanctuary Flag





Countdown One Flag



No comments:

Post a Comment